[ic] Charge card when item ships

William Fiore wfiore at aftermarketcellular.com
Fri May 26 19:05:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have been taking a lot of pre-orders lately for a headset that is
supposed to be out in June. However, I have been getting many complaints
because I charge credit cards during checkout not after an item ships. I
would like to change this. I had a script written to automatically change
the shipping status in the orderline table from "pending" to "shipped"
when an item actually ships.

I read in the post below that if I change SETTLE_TRANSACTION to 1 in
CATROOT/products/variable.txt this will work.

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2005-May/043028.html

I have two questions:

1) I don't see "SETTLE_TRANSACTION" in the variable.txt table, do I just
add it? I am using Interchange version 5.3.1

2) What if there are multiple quantities on one orderline and only (1)
item ships leaving the others backordered. I can change the status to
"partial" but how will Interchange handle this?

Thank you

Bill