[ic] Charge card when item ships

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Sat May 27 19:06:15 EDT 2006

On May 26, 2006, at 6:05 PM, William Fiore wrote:

> I have been taking a lot of pre-orders lately for a headset that is
> supposed to be out in June. However, I have been getting many
> complaints
> because I charge credit cards during checkout not after an item
> ships. I
> would like to change this. I had a script written to automatically
> change
> the shipping status in the orderline table from "pending" to "shipped"
> when an item actually ships.
>
> I read in the post below that if I change SETTLE_TRANSACTION to 1 in
> CATROOT/products/variable.txt this will work.

This will 'capture' or 'settle' the card when you change the status
to 'shipped' in the UI. This requires you to have done an 'auth' at
checkout.

> 1) I don't see "SETTLE_TRANSACTION" in the variable.txt table, do I
> just
> add it? I am using Interchange version 5.3.1

Yes, although it should be there by default.

> 2) What if there are multiple quantities on one orderline and only (1)
> item ships leaving the others backordered. I can change the status to
> "partial" but how will Interchange handle this?

IC won't capture the card unless it is 'shipped'.

If I have a large order that is waiting on one small item, I like to
get the funds when I ship the majority of the order. To do this, I
'ship' it (capturing the card) but don't send an email to the
customer; then I update it as partial, 'ship per status above', and
email the customer.

Later when the last item ships, I can 'ship' all, and I'll get an
error message that it was already captured, but that's ok. Maybe
someone else has a simpler method...

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/