[ic] Cheap Payment Gateway

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Sat Nov 4 05:23:45 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:43:33 +0000, Kevin Walsh wrote:

>Frank Reitzenstein <frank at goldissue.com> wrote:
>> I have been using Interchange with PGP, and recovering the credit card
>> info from emails. If I explained that to PayPal are you saying that they
>> might be agreeable?
>>
>They might.  I'd still recommend that you find a provider who will
>rent you a fit-for-purpose payment submission terminal (virtual
>or physical), rather than continuing to use PayPal in that way.

If you would be happy using PaypalExpress (ie, the customer goes
to Paypal to choose a payment method, then goes back to your
site to make the payment and log all details) then I have a module
which is pretty much finished. It's being used on a handful of
live sites, and only needs the IPN and masspay stuff to be finished
before I release it as a donation to IC (just have to find the time to
do those). It needs a business account at Paypal and some perl
modules and then some configuration changes, eg it handles
part payment with Gift Certs and runs in tandem with a standard
gateway. If you do want it I would have to ask you to not make it
public until I finish it.

-
Cheers
Lyn St George