[ic] Cheap Payment Gateway

Frank Reitzenstein frank at goldissue.com
Sat Nov 4 05:55:19 EST 2006

Lyn St George wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:43:33 +0000, Kevin Walsh wrote:
>

>> Frank Reitzenstein <frank at goldissue.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been using Interchange with PGP, and recovering the credit card
>>> info from emails. If I explained that to PayPal are you saying that they
>>> might be agreeable?
>>>

>> They might.  I'd still recommend that you find a provider who will
>> rent you a fit-for-purpose payment submission terminal (virtual
>> or physical), rather than continuing to use PayPal in that way.
>>

> If you would be happy using PaypalExpress (ie, the customer goes
> to Paypal to choose a payment method, then goes back to your
> site to make the payment and log all details) then I have a module
> which is pretty much finished. It's being used on a handful of
> live sites, and only needs the IPN and masspay stuff to be finished
> before I release it as a donation to IC (just have to find the time to
> do those). It needs a business account at Paypal and some perl
> modules and then some configuration changes, eg it handles
> part payment with Gift Certs and runs in tandem with a standard
> gateway. If you do want it I would have to ask you to not make it
> public until I finish it.
>

> -
> Cheers
> Lyn St George

Hello Lyn,

Thank you for your kind offer.

I would like to test the system that I have in place for a week first. I
find it time consuming to work on sites on that level, and I have lots
of work on at the moment (binding a cartoon book for a customer,
integrating ms access to interchange mysql in real time, a new client,
sites need to be promoted and I would rather not think what else).

It is apparent that I will need to continue to move forward sooner or
later , and I shall keep this email on file. I will probably need to
spend a day looking at options.

All the best,

Regards,

Frank.