[ic] Interchange Installation Problems (Non HTML)

Compudata Systems - Mike mike at compudatasystems.ca
Mon Nov 27 11:28:53 EST 2006

Dear Interchange support,

I am having some issues with the installation
  I am able to successfully
Makefile.PL, Make, Make Test and Make Install
 But am running into problems
shortly after I run bin/makecat

I am prompted to name the catalog as I have tired several times including
“standard”

Catalog name? standard
makecat -- Interchange catalog installation program.

*** We will be making a catalog named 'standard'. ***

If you are using the Apache or NCSA web server, Interchange can set
some of the default parameters for you by reading the file.

If you use the Netscape Enterprise server or other non-NCSA HTTP server,
enter 'none' -- the information, if any, will not be useful.

Try using the UP arrow at some of the prompts -- you have the
Term::ReadLine module installed, and Interchange may find some
default values in your HTTP server configuration file.  You can
cycle among them with the UP and DOWN arrows.

fatal error: locate: decode_db: 'bucket_of_holding': realloc: Cannot
allocate memory

The error doesn’t seem to stop the script from exciting so I can continue
with setting up via this script however I have run though the setup a few
times now without any luck

Any advise or questions?

Thanks very much,
Mike