[ic] authorizenet failure increments counter?

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Mon Nov 27 23:45:53 EST 2006

> At some point between 4.8 and now, the charge routine was moved out
> of the order profile and into the order route. I'm quite certain the
> purpose of this was so that the order number would be available to
> the charge request as identifying data (the context in which this
> came up most often was for Verisign where it is highly desirable to
> include the order number in one of the COMMENT fields to ease
> reconciliation). The difference is, as you've noted, order numbers
> get "used" on failed attempts. The problem is there's no ironclad
> way to "roll back" increments (even RDBMS systems recognize this as
> sequence values are never rolled back as part of a failed
> transaction).

Actually, if it did that, I'd probably be happy.  The problem is, the order
number isn't anywhere in the data sent to authorizenet.

Anyway, I've looked all over trying to find where either:

  1. The charge code is called, or
  2. The order number is incremented

..in the routes, everywhere, can't seem to locate it.

Bob