[ic] YourPay curl error {SOLVED}

Tue Nov 28 16:34:34 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 09:30 -0500, Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 09:55 +0000, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > Josh Lavin <josh at myprivacy.ca> wrote:
> > > >
> > > Docs are in the module itself or here:
> > > http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/payments/Linkpoint.html
> > >
> > > Since you are using a test account, are you using
> > > 'staging.linkpt.net' as the MV_PAYMENT_HOST? That's all I can offer.
> > >
> > Also see the following mail list article and the Linkpoint3 payment module:
> >
> >     http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-March/038248.html
> >

> I read through those docs many times and I'm pretty sure everything is
> right. I changed interchange.cfg and catgalog.cfg to use linkpoint3 and
> I still get a curl connection error on the checkout page:
>
> (linkpoint3): Charge failed, reason: curl connection error
> Credit Card Information: curl connection error
>
> I had to edit the Linkpoint3.pm file and change "LPPERL" to "lpperl" in
> the require line (line 6) in order for it to load.
>
> I also put the block of code in the checkout page that returns
> $Session->{payment_result} and that is always "0"
>
> Thanks
> Rick

My version of curl does not support the -k option. Linkpoint support
asked me to put in a "-k" option in the lpperl.pm file. to use with a
test account. It was not needed after all. and I took it out and it
worked.

to recap here are some helpful hints:

The only file that is needed from LinkPoint (or YourPay) is the
lpperl.pm file.

I am using Linkpoint3.pm. I had to edit that file on line 6 and change
"require LPPERL or die..." to "require lpperl or die...".

Another helpful thing was placing one the .pl files from the LinkPoint
download such as SALE_MAXINFO.pl into my cgi space, make it executable
and hit that with a browser and look at your server error logs. This is
how I found what the problem was...

thanks hth
rick