[ic] Re: how to override commonadjust or have [discount] apply and no quantity pricing

NOW Web Sites Coordinator webperson at now.org
Fri Oct 6 13:32:21 EDT 2006

Thank you for replying. See response below and sorry for incorrectly
posting it before.
At 12:00 PM 10/6/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>NOW Web Sites Coordinator <webperson at now.org> wrote:
> > I want the 25% off discount to apply even if they order more than one item.
> >
> > However, on a few of our items, we have quantity discounts (not all of our
> > items).  So, for those items, we might discount 20% if they order more
> than
> > 10 items, say.
> >
> > But for the special group of people who get a global 25% off discount, I
> > don't want them to get a 20% quantity discount AND a 25% discount.  And
> > that's what's happening when I use the [discount ALL_ITEMS]$s *
> > .75[/discount] tag.
> >
>You need to use [discount] at all to get what you want.
>
>The following should give you some idea of how to override the
>CommonAdjust for a named class of user.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, this is not going to be for a named class of
user, but for people who got to a certain interchange page with an Apache
login.  There are too many people who need this discount (and who change
too often) to give each of them interchange name and passwords.  So, I used
Apache to get them to a password protected page which gives them the
discount, that also has an IC affiliate tag.

Also, since most of them will not even have IC accounts until they order, I
want them to see the discount before they check out.  The 25% discount for
their session is working fine, until they order something that has a
quantity discount.

So I haven't found a way to adjust the commonadjust by affiliate.  Or
change the profile by affiliate?  I'd read the commonadjust documentation,
but it only mentions user.

http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/ic_ecommerce_11.html

Or maybe there is some other, better way to accomplish this.

Thanks again.