[ic] Re: how to override commonadjust or have [discount] apply and no quantity pricing

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Oct 6 14:16:53 EDT 2006

NOW Web Sites Coordinator <webperson at now.org> wrote:
> Thank you for replying. See response below and sorry for incorrectly
> posting it before.
> At 12:00 PM 10/6/2006 -0400, you wrote:
> >NOW Web Sites Coordinator <webperson at now.org> wrote:
> > > I want the 25% off discount to apply even if they order more than one item.
> > >
> > > However, on a few of our items, we have quantity discounts (not all of our
> > > items).  So, for those items, we might discount 20% if they order more
> > than
> > > 10 items, say.
> > >
> > > But for the special group of people who get a global 25% off discount, I
> > > don't want them to get a 20% quantity discount AND a 25% discount.  And
> > > that's what's happening when I use the [discount ALL_ITEMS]$s *
> > > .75[/discount] tag.
> > >
> >You need to use [discount] at all to get what you want.
> >
> >The following should give you some idea of how to override the
> >CommonAdjust for a named class of user.
>
> Unfortunately, as I mentioned, this is not going to be for a named class of
> user, but for people who got to a certain interchange page with an Apache
> login.  There are too many people who need this discount (and who change
> too often) to give each of them interchange name and passwords.  So, I used
> Apache to get them to a password protected page which gives them the
> discount, that also has an IC affiliate tag.
>
> Also, since most of them will not even have IC accounts until they order, I
> want them to see the discount before they check out.  The 25% discount for
> their session is working fine, until they order something that has a
> quantity discount.
>
> So I haven't found a way to adjust the commonadjust by affiliate.  Or
> change the profile by affiliate?  I'd read the commonadjust documentation,
> but it only mentions user.

You can change the user's profile with [profile somename].  You could
put that wherever your [discount] tag is at the moment.  I assume that
you have arranged for your [discount] tag to only be called under certain
conditions.  If so then you should be able to drop a [profile special]
tag call in as a direct replacement.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz