[ic] Beginner Question

Cesáreo García Rodicio cesareo at cesareox.com
Tue Sep 12 14:00:45 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to install IC 5.4.1 (a fresh install) on a linux machine.
Everything is OK, my problem is accesing catalogs. Some considerations:

-fresh install in user space (NOT root)
-I've compiled apache from source to $HOME/apache. Server OK in
http://localhost:1024/
-I've tried an cgi example (in perl) and it worked.
-I've compiled interchange from source to $HOME/interchange. Software
OK (ps axf| grep interchange): 10044 ?        Ss     0:00 interchange

I'm trying to do $HOME/interchange/bin/makecat and I have the typical
beginner error (I suppose). I have done it several times, even trying
to do it manually. But I couldn't.

In the HTML pages, Customer Entrance ling it seems to be:
http://localhost:1024/cgi-bin//index.html (no cgi program)

If I manually put http://localhost:1024/cgi-bin/executable it handles
an error (typical: ... [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: executable ...)

So can you help me? Some documentation to manual configuration for
catalogs? How can I compile cgi link?

thanks
Cesareo