[ic] How to create product tree like the demo?

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb at zenez.com
Tue Sep 12 19:38:03 EDT 2006

I guess I should sleep before I post.  I have been up for 2 days and I am
starting to make a lot mistakes...I forgot a few things.  So starting over

In the list archive you will find a few things on tree's.  Using them
I created the files below.  I create two new tables products1 and tree1
I use mysql so I have the mysql files below.

You can get the files from

http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/tree1_populate.html
http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/tree1load.html
http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/tree1_display.html
http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/tree1.mysql
http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/products1.mysql
http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/products1.txt
http://www.zenez.com/~gerberb/tree1.txt

I put tree1.mysql and products1.mysql in catalog_name/dbconf/mysql

I put tree1.txt and products1.txt in catalog_name/products
I copy products.txt and remove the first line and append it to the
products1.txt file

restart interchange and let if create the tree1 and products1 table.

I put tree1_populate, tree1load.html and tree1_display.html in
catalog_name/pages

I then load them one at a time from the catalog pages.  You then
may put them where ever you like as long as you can access them from your
webserver.  You have to populate the tree1, load the tree1 and then you
can display thre tree1.

I hope this give you an idea on what to do.

Good Luck,  Sorry that it took so many emails.  Tring to do to many things
at once and I am very tired.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb at zenez.com>
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047