[ic] Re: Making flypage based on fields other than sku

Oleg Raskin oleg at eville.us
Tue Sep 19 15:40:54 EDT 2006

> Hi, Oleg!
>
> There are probably many ways to do this in Interchange. You could do
> something like that using an ActionMap. Say you call it 'details'. Then
> you could call 'mystore.com/details/Hand_Brush.html.
>
> Very roughly, and untested:
>
> ActionMap details	<<EOR
> sub {
>   my $target = shift;
>
>   my $sku = $Tag->data({
>     table => 'products',
>     field => 'sku',
>     foreign => 'custom_field_of_your_choice',
>     key => $target,
>   });
>
>   # Store the target in $Session->{arg}
>   $Session->{arg} = $sku;
>
>   # Set the target page
>   $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'flypage.html';
>   return 1;
> }
> EOR
>
> HTH,
>
> JT

Thanks for the quick response, that's an interesting solution.  The
problem is that it actually makes the URLs longer with the extra
directory, which is exactly what I am trying to avoid.  The reason I am
trying to make the URLs more meaningful in the first place is for search
engine relevance, so I'd like to keep them as short as possible.

Would there be a way to accomplish that?