[ic] Scalable usage of Interchange

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Apr 17 01:42:28 EDT 2007

"Paul Jordan" <paul at gishnetwork.com> wrote:
> Jon Jensen wrote:
> > You can scale out to multiple
> > Interchange servers with one catalog per IC or many. The key is
> > getting a shared session backend that can handle the load. And until
> > you hit fairly high traffic levels, that's not too hard.
> >
> That makes me feel better. I think unless someone brings up a good point
> otherwise, i'll use a single catalog as it makes life much simpler in
> most respects.

I have to agree.  The whole thing sounds essentially like one application,
so I'd put the whole lot into one website - especially if you want to
navigate between subsystems, and access all areas, using a single login
session.

Multiple Interchange instances can be clustered over multiple machines to
spread this one website's load, if required.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz