[ic] searching with numbers

mail lists at gmnet.net
Wed Apr 18 09:10:23 EDT 2007

Hi, I have an interesting problem when trying to search for data within
a number range.

The table that I am searching has a "loscore" column, and a "hiscore"
column and defines the "range" of that row. the total range would be
between -1 and 1.

I have a search area that looks for data within that range based on a
"score".  the "score" is set in a scratch variable, the score can be
anywhere from -1 to 1.

I have the following in a search area:

  sf=loscore
  se=[scratch score]
  op=<=
  nu=1
  sf=hiscore
  se=[scratch score]
  op=>=
  nu=1

Is this the right way to do it? I must be doing something wrong, because
when the "score" is 0, all rows are returned. What is the best way to do
this type of search?

Thanks
Rick