[ic] CGI Values quesion

mail lists at gmnet.net
Mon Apr 23 15:44:54 EDT 2007

This may sound stupid, but I am having trouble with some of my forms.
I hope this makes some sense...

What is the scope of the "value" tag? Can I use it to set the values of
a bunch of cgi variables in forms across many pages?

Then I need to clear out form variables then load new values from saved
data in a table.

step one clear out the old values:
[calc]
         $Values = {};
         return;
[/calc]
This clears out all the form values in the entire session right?

step two load new values from table:
Can I just loop through the table and set the with [value] tags? or is
there a special way to set values in the session.
After that, I have many form pages.  page one has one form and 5
checkboxes, page two has another form and 5 different check boxes. I
need to set the values of all 10 checkboxes in one shot from the table.

thanks
rick