[ic] Postgres + Debian error

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Jan 2 15:25:17 EST 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Rene Hertell wrote:

>>> Restart IC and the Postgres server a couple of times and see
>>> if it persists. For some reason, there are some DBD::Pg anomalies
>>> that exist early in the creation cycle for a database; I have never
>>> figured out what the heck they are.
>>
>> I did that about 10 times each, but no joy.. :-( Could there be any
>> other things? I'll try to drop the whole db, and recreate it.. Let's
>> see what it brings..
>
> Noup, no Joy. I recreated the database in Unicode and SQL_Ascii mode,
> but neither helped..
>
> Should I try to recompile DBD::Pg? Or what other modules could there be
> that would cause this itch?

Given the error message:

> set_row error as called by Vend::Table::DBI: DBD::Pg::db do failed:
> ERROR:  null value in column "password" violates not-null constraint

it sure sounds to me like a simple problem of your Interchange table
import trying to put a NULL entry in the password field. Why don't you
make "password" allow NULL and see if it stops complaining? If so, then
you'll know what's wrong and can try to find out where the NULL password
is coming from.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen