[ic] Docs update

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:12:59 EDT 2007

I've been using the script from here:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/glossary/expire.html

in a crontab as follows:

# find /pathtocat/tmp -type f -mtime +3 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
# find /pathtocat/tmp -type d -empty -mtime +3 -depth | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rmdir
# find /pathtocat/session -type f -mtime +3 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
# find /pathtocat/session -type d -empty -mtime +3 -depth | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rmdir

Today I tried to run these commands manually and I got:

"find: warning: you have specified the -depth option after a
non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-depth
affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after
it).  Please specify options before other arguments."

I moved the -depth option and the commands executed without error:

# find /pathtocat/tmp -type f -mtime +3 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
# find /pathtocat/tmp -depth -type d -empty -mtime +3 | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rmdir
# find /pathtocat/session -type f -mtime +3 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
# find /pathtocat/session -depth -type d -empty -mtime +3 | xargs
--no-run-if-empty rmdir

Should the docs be updated?

- Grant