[ic] Interchange and/as POS

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sat Jun 9 10:30:13 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> Has anybody developed a good way to make IC work as a POS?
> i.e. I would
> like a way for a real brick & mortar store to be able to use their
> credit card swiper's/cash registers and have that countertop
> transaction recorded in IC's inventory, and transaction/orderline
> tables.  Basically I am looking for a way for IC to work with CC
> swiping machines.
>
> Thanks
> rick

Hi Rick

I'm sure lots of people skip over some messages, so if you don't get a
reply, you might want to contact Mike Heins @ Perusion directly. I seem to
remember him telling me that he had got IC to work with a barcode scanner
before, so he does done at least that and maybe more.

This would be a hardware and software solution and would be costly I'd
think. However! That said, whoever does help you with this, I have heard
this request more than a few times on IRC.  So, if someone did come up with
a compact solution, that would be wanted by others.

One downside you might find is that the processors that IC can work with
are for internet card processing, so if you use it to auth the card from
the store over the internet, you'll be charged higher discounts rates (card
not present), when the card IS present.

Paul