[ic] Setting the locale while coming from another domain

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Thu Jun 28 04:14:20 EDT 2007

Dear All,

I am using a .com domain (e.g. www.mydomain.com) with default locale
set to en_US.

The catalog running on this domain can be accessed by:
www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/shop .
The DirectoryIndex for this domain has been set to: /cgi-bin/shop/index.html

Now I would like to access this catalog from different domains while
setting the
locale for those domains at first entry.

E.g.
www.mydomain.de ---->
www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/shop/process/locale/de_DE/page/index.html
www.mydomain.fr ---->
www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/shop/process/locale/fr_FR/page/index.html

Thus accessing e.g. www.mydomain.de should set the de_DE locale on
the main domain.

I tried the following in Apache's virtual host section for the '.de'
and '.fr' domains:

Redirect /
http://www.trendy-jewels.com/tj/eshop/process/locale/de_DE/page/index.html

         or

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/shop/process/locale/de_DE/page/index.html [p]

Both settings do redirect the user from e.g. www.mydomain.de to the
main domain www.mydomain.com
however, the locale will not be set.

When I past the redirect URL in my browser, the locale will be set to
the one provided in the URL.

Any ideas what I might be missing here?

Thanks guys !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting