[ic] Problem is standard store welcome page

kim Gross kgross at jensalt.com
Thu Nov 1 13:58:40 EST 2007

Steve Graham wrote:
> At 03:10 PM 10/27/2007, you wrote:
>> I have a new install running the debian packages with the standard
>> store.  I am trying to modify the standard store to to handle my
>> business, but I am having a strange problem.  I have edited the
>> welcome screen and the menu on the left side of that screen, but my
>> modified version does not show up live.  If I go back into the edit
>> mode, it shows what I changed it to, not what is displaying.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to get this corrected?
>
> Make sure your edits are outside the [L] [/L] tags - these tags are
> used for the international locales - IC tries to look up the value
> between [L] and [/L], in the database table to offer multiple language
> translations.
>
> Just a thought....
>
> -Steve

Here is what I see when I am logged in as admin and go to edit that page.
[L INDEX_PAR1]
    <h1>Welcom To Jensalt.com</h1>
               [page
                       href=survey/standard
                       form="survey_start=customer_satisfaction"
               ][L]Customer Satisfaction Survey[/L]</A>.</p>
[if !scratch gift_cert_code]
    [seti gift_cert_code][read-cookie MV_GIFT_CERT_CODE][/seti]
    [seti gift_cert_check][read-cookie MV_GIFT_CERT_CHECK][/seti]
[/if]
[if scratch gift_cert_code]
    [loop list="[scratch gift_cert_code]"]
        [if-loop-data gift_certs amount > 0]
        <B>You have a[loop-alternate
except_first]nother[/loop-alternate] gift certificate for
[currency][loop-data gift_certs amount][/currency]!</B>
        [/if-loop-data]
    [/loop]
[/if]

Here is what is displayed when I go to the catalog live.

Welcome to the *Interchange* Standard Store! This site is intended to
get you started building your own e-business site. Replace the stock
graphics, products, and categories in this store to begin building your
custom site.

Take our Customer Satisfaction Survey
<http://www.jensalt.com/cgi-bin/ic/standard/survey/standard.html?survey_start=customer_satisfaction&id=T5LtWjBM>.

*Specials*

The Interchange Standard store line is not even in the edited version so
I am very confused.
Kim