[ic] Problem with Installation

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 18:11:34 EST 2007

> > > Thanks for replying.  I did look in both error.log files and since I had
> > > debug turned on, I looked in it.  I see absolutely no errors.  The debug
> > > file shows a bunch of sql commands that were executed.
> > >
> > > I'm confused -- don't understand why this isn't running.  I'm going to
> > > install a virtual appliance with a fresh Mint (Ubuntu) install and see
> > > if installing with the packages will be easier and successful.
> >
> > I use and recommend Interchange::Link myself so I won't be too much
> > help with the cgi-bin programs.  If you want to give Link.pm a try I
> > should be more help.  It's technically faster, gives you more control,
> > and eliminates extra URL stuff without Rewrite rules.
> >

> Is there a howto for the Interchange::Link?

There is some info in the archives and there is documentation in the
file itself.  You can grab it from your system here:

/usr/local/interchange/src/mod_perl2/Interchange/Link.pm

mine is installed here:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Interchange/Link.pm

Be sure to set proper permissions for your socket file and possibly
the folder the socket file resides in.  Also 'SocketPerms 0660' in
interchange.cfg.  I've made a couple modifications to the file that
are important so let me know if you try it and like.

- Grant