[ic] Moving the admin interface to a different url

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Nov 12 09:14:36 EST 2007

Quoting John1 (list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk):
> I'd like to implement some "security by obscurity" by moving the admin
> interface to a different location rather than /admin.
>
> Please can anyone tell me what I need to do to relocate it.

Not recommended.

Much better to do is to run a separate interchange server instance that
has the admin pages and tags, removing those completely from production.
In some cases, you can put the IC server behind a company firewall
completely, making it only accessible via VPN.

The TemplateDir, CodeRepository, and Include tags can be used to change
which tags are included in the running server instance.

--
Mike Heins

Find the grain of truth in criticism, chew it, and swallow
it. -- anonymous