[ic] Items-Software for Download

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Tue Sep 25 12:08:45 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> I have several software downloads that I would like to make
> public as a item so they can be searched for but I don't want
> to have to make a customer check out to be able to download
> the item.  What would be the best way to handle this so I can
> have these entered as an item and then users can download the
> documents or files?
>
> Thanks
> Tommy

You just need to know how to make the document availiable likity split, as
opposed to after checkout yet? The easiest thing IMO would be to use
PageSelectField

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/PageSelectField.html

Set your software items to use a different flypage, where you can simply
present a link for direct download on that new flypage. Downloading large
amounts of data can be an issue, and you may want to look into how to do
that efficiently.

http://gb0.downloads.interchange.rtfm.info/usertags/enable_downloads.userta

Paul