[ic] Large file uploads failing

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Aug 13 14:39:50 UTC 2008

Quoting jimbo (jimbo at soundimages.co.uk):
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > What version of IC?
>
> ~/interchange/bin/interchange -v
> Interchange version 5.6.0 copyright 2002-2008 Interchange Development
> Group and others.
>
> > I just discovered someone decided to parse the data with Vend::Charset
> > in 5.6. If you have a file content-type of text, this is probably
> > the reason.
>
> I've specified the Content-Type header for the upload as
> 'application/octet-stream'.
>
> > Hey Charset guys, what happened to disabling that darn thing?
>
> Is this an obvious thing to remedy? Is Vend::CharSet something I can
> replace, at least temporarily, without affecting IC overall?

I am actually looking at this right now.

I think the basic problem is that we are slinging your 50MB of
data around like it is hash and eggs. I am testing a modified
Server.pm / Data.pm / Interpolate.pm set which should be much
more efficient. I am trying a 50MB file right now -- I did run
into an Apache Timeout value of 120, but have set that to 600.

--
Mike Heins

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous