[ic] emailing 2 different reports

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Jan 2 18:59:34 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 06:44:54PM -0500, Steve Streich wrote:
> I am trying to get IC to send 2 reports to 2 different places.
> etc/report with all the details need to come to our accounting/order desk
> while
> etc/report2 is actually a chopped down version, and contains only enough
> information for our packing dept to full the orders. (eliminated all the
> customers personal info).
>
> I can get IC to send one or the other however not both at the same time.

Hey,

Take a look at catalog.cfg (if you're using Standard- or
Foundation-based catalog at least), and see two routes defined
there:

Route log  <<EOF
empty        1
encrypt      0
increment    0
report       etc/log_transaction
supplant     0
track        logs/log
EOF

## This route copies the user if they requested that. We don't
## care (much) if it fails, so error_ok is set and failure will
## not cause the order to fail
Route copy_user  <<EOF
empty        1
error_ok     1
encrypt      0
increment    0
report       etc/mail_receipt
supplant     0
track        logs/log
EOF

You probably want to add another route that is similar to one of
those two. And also customize the report, using log_transaction or
mail_receipt as a template.

-doc