[ic] Different mv_substring_match for diff. fields

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Sat Jun 28 10:23:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 02:16:37PM -0400, Davor Ocelic wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 01:44:00PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Davor Ocelic (docelic at spinlocksolutions.com):
> > >
> > > Putting  name="mv_substring_match" value="0,1,1"  does not help,
> > > only the first option '0' is being used. (With or without the use
> > > of  mv_coordinate=1).
> >
> > You can't do it without mv_coordinate. The comma method does not work
> > for things like that. You just need:

I have figured what the problem is.

As I have only one mv_searchspec, which is index [0] of course,
mv_substring_match is looked up as $array[0], instead of something
like  exists $array[$n] ? $array[$n] : $array[0].

So it is not possible to search for the same string in multiple
fields with different mv_substring_match value. (May affect other
variables besides 'su' as well...).

Is there a way to have this work that I'm not aware of (with one
mv_searchspec), or the code should be patched to allow for this?

-doc