[ic] UI maintaining [loop-data] help

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Fri Mar 21 15:05:58 EST 2008

Sam Batschelet wrote:
> I am trying to add a custom page to the standard UI understand how
> [loop-data] gets and maintains its data through the menu level.
>
> In the standard UI 5.5.1 Clicking on Level 1 menu |Orders| opens level 2
> menu |Pending Orders "order.html"| from here clicking on the order number
> link in pending orders will bring a series of level 3 Order option tabs. All
> of these pages seem to have access to the transaction table through
> [loop-data transactions field_name].  Looking at the source for example
> order_view.html I don't see any sql query to reference this so it must
> happen before the page loads.
>
> So my question is how can I access this query for a new page in the level 3
> Order Menu.  I have added the page to the menu and pass the order number and
> session to it but it won't interpolate.  Duplicating the query seems
> inefficient any help at what I should be looking for to maintain loop-data
> through a new menu tab.  I hope I am explaining this correctly.

The surrounding loop on over_view.html is:

[loop list="[value-extended order]"]
[/loop]

So [loop-data transactions field_name] looks up field_name from transactions
table with the key given by the current iteration of the list [value-extended order]
(usually a single order number).

Regards
        Racke

Interchange Development Team