[ic] Refunds via [charge]

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:06:48 UTC 2009

>> Can the [charge] tag be used to refund a card?  I'm not sure how this
>> could be done since the mv_credit_card_* stuff is not known at that
>> point.  Can the original transaction ID be set to a variable that
>> [charge] will use to apply the credit?
>>
>> - Grant

> Hi Grant,
>
> I recently implemented this for a client who uses Authorize.net. This
> payment gateway requires you have:
>
> * The transaction is submitted with the valid transaction ID
> (x_trans_id) of an original, successfully settled transaction.
> * The amount being requested for refund is less than or equal to the
> original settled amount.
> * The sum amount of multiple Credit transactions submitted against the
> original transaction is less than or equal to the original settled amount.
> * At least the last four digits of the credit card number (x_card_num)
> used for the original, successfully settled transaction are submitted.
> An expiration date is not required.

I got an error about a missing expiration date until I entered a bogus
one.  It went through just fine that way.  Just thought I'd mention
it.

> * The transaction is submitted within 120 days of the settlement date of
> the original transaction.
>
> Here's a code snippet
> [charge
>   route='authnet'
>   orderid='transactionid_issued_at_sale'

Just for clarification for others, this seems to be order_id, not orderid.

>   amount=$refund_as_postive_number
>   auth_code='authcode_issued_at_sale',

I didn't include an auth_code and it processed fine.

Thanks again for your help.

- Grant