[ic] ups-query problem.

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Mon Aug 17 17:40:11 UTC 2009

> I just emptied the ups_cache table, and it created the following new row
> again with $10.29.
>
> code weight origin zip country shipmode cost updated
> 1 5 05404 90210 US GNDRES 10.29 1250427373
>

> Checking again at the UPS website today with their on-line calculator, I
> get the following price for the same Ground Residential shipment:
>
> UPS Ground   13.56 USD
> Fuel Surcharge
> 0.47  USD
> Charges Per Package 14.03 USD
> Shipment Total: 14.03 USD
>

> Is this happening to anyone else?
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Rick

If anyone knows different, please pipe in, but If I remember correctly,
ups-query does not include the fuel surcharge or the extended area delivery
surcharge - this may explain it.

You can add a per package addon, example from my shipping.asc file

GNDRESI:    - UPS Ground -
        crit                    weight
        at_least                5
        adder                   1.75
        ui_ship_type    UPSE:GNDRES
        PriceDivide             1
        service         GNDRES
        aggregate       110
        default_geo     04175

        min                             0
        max                             0
        cost                    e Nothing to ship!

        min                             0
        max                             1000
        cost                    s QueryUPS

        min                             1000
        max                             999999999
        cost                    e Too heavy for UPS