[ic] Does IC install extra stuff?

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue Aug 18 14:08:11 UTC 2009

You installed Bundle::KitchenSink already before you finished your IC
install right?
Then my assumption is that if you would remove those perl models from
/usr/local/interchange that things should still work.

Then again, my 2nd theory is that if you have Interchange installing those
modules under /usr/local/interchange/  then the Perl that you used to
install interchange was not able to find these modules. Or the test in order
to find these modules is broken in the Interchange installation process ...

Are you using a stock Perl, or your own compiled Perl?  There might be the
key to this. I use a self compiled Perl and if you do too then this might be
the reason why these things end up in /usr/local/interchange ... But that is
just a theory and that could mean that the installation process has a
certain issue with determining if all modules are available ...

And if you are not on a production environment then the first thing I would
try is to move all of those modules away from /usr/local/interchange,
restart the kitty and see if she will still purr ... If you are only having
production that might be a bit of a crash & burn experience for some of the
visitors in those exciting 5 minutes ...   (so 'move all of those modules =
zip -r -9 myiclib.zip /usr/local/interchange/lib/ ... then whackallmodules ,
restart, check if it still plays, if not unzip that myiclib.zip and restart
... ) ...

Warranty until the end of this e-mail ...
Like about ... here :)
CU,
Gert