[ic] logged in case insensitivity issue - current Standard

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sat Dec 12 04:17:11 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

RE: latest Standard demo.

I'm likely using an older query/order_detail page than Demo because I get a
different error, but the same thing is happening none the less.

It appears that as standard ships, a customer login is not case sensitive.
However, in order to access their order history (detail page), there is a
username comparison to validate the user, it's on query/order_detail.html.
The comparison IS case sensitive, so for example, if someone logs in as
LAdams, instead of ladams, or something more likely - to issue a return as
u01234, instead of U01234, they'll be met with an user violation error when
wanting to see the detail of their past orders.

I'd supply a fix to ignore case, or shift all to lower case but I know it
won't be used, so I'll wait for a Core member to offer whatever they deem as
a  permanent fix :-)

Best,

Paul Jordan

Consulting, Design, & Programming > www.gishnetwork.com