[ic] Can't locate object method "default_charset" via package "Vend::CharSet"

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Mon Feb 16 23:34:43 UTC 2009

David Christensen wrote:

[snip]

Hi David,

IC 5.6.1
Perl  v5.10.0

As with the Standard Demo, I have the PAGE_INIT variable loaded into
each page.  When I access a page for members only , ie...it has this

[tmp members_only]1[/tmp]

Then an error is generated in the log.  I paired down the PAGE_INIT
variable to the line in question and that seems to be causing the problem.

The "it works" part is tricky.  If you hit a page for members only, you
are redirected to the correct page.  However, the error is generated and
as far as I an tell, the non-visible content (read interchange tags) of
the members only page is parsed and executed before the user is
transfered to the page indicated with the deliver tag.

I set this variable to see if I could eliminate the problem....

Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET ISO-8859-1

But no luck, the problem did not go away. I cannot tail the log file on the demo site, but I did reproduce the symptom on my own server using a stock install of the Standard demo.

--
Marty Tennison                     DripDepot.com
email: marty at dripdepot.com
web: www.dripdepot.com
phone: +1-888-525-8874 x102
fax: +1-866-686-6719