[ic] Products from second table not appearing in search results?

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Fri Jul 3 08:30:18 UTC 2009

There is a file in the interchange installation directory, not in your
catalog directory, called
catalog_before.cfg    (and a catalog_after.cfg for that matter)

This file contains the following lines:
## Deprecated, could be removed in IC 5.2
Variable  MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_FILE  products
Variable  MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_TABLE products

It does not seem too deprecated to me as it is overruling the ProductFiles
directive on catalog level (as you have noticed).

If you have access to the catalog_before.cfg file you can change the line
to:
Variable  MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_TABLE products products2

If you cannot access the Interchange installation configuration files then
alternatively you can add the following line to
templates/components/search_box_small   :
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE="products,products2">

That should also have the results you are looking for.

All in all quite unclear and something that needs to be looked into, as the
deprecation does not seem to be very clear (not are the catalog_before.cfg
and catalog_after.cfg files imho).

CU,

Gert