[ic] Call for testers

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Wed Jun 17 11:52:55 UTC 2009

Hi David,

Took me a while to get my development stuff in order, but I've started to
give it a try with the instructions above (and in the follow up messages
with regard to the git checkout procedures).

Not sure if I did all correctly, but I hope so ;)  ...

Anyway Debian etch, Perl 5.10.0 threaded
I am one using GDBM ...

After the whole installation procedure and starting up I have the following
error:
10.0.0.152 ZNdyjm84:10.0.0.152 - [17/June/2009:13:25:51 +0200] acm /acm
Runtime error: Undefined subroutine
&Vend::CharSet::utf8_safe_regex_workaround called at
/opt/interchange-utf8/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm line 1207.

Which seems to be correct because the sub looks like it does not exist ...
Or did I take the wrong branch to work on?

As known the GDBM stuff does not work ... I also think that the utf8 filter
story on the GDBM data is not needed or needs to be checked. I have
locale.txt  which is a text file which is having UTF8 encoded text ... if I
create the GDBM file from it there are 2 times utf8 filter applies .. But if
I understand correctly it will utf8 my utf8 and then utf8 that again on open
... So that does not seem like the right way to go ...

But first I think the utf8_safe_regex_workaround question has to be looked
at .. is it still needed or not?

CU,

Gert