[ic] Call for testers

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Wed Jun 17 12:20:25 UTC 2009

Hi Gert,

> Took me a while to get my development stuff in order, but I've
> started to
> give it a try with the instructions above (and in the follow up
> messages
> with regard to the git checkout procedures).
>
> Not sure if I did all correctly, but I hope so ;)  ...
>
> Anyway Debian etch, Perl 5.10.0 threaded
> I am one using GDBM ...
>
> After the whole installation procedure and starting up I have the
> following
> error:
> 10.0.0.152 ZNdyjm84:10.0.0.152 - [17/June/2009:13:25:51 +0200] acm /
> acm
> Runtime error: Undefined subroutine
> &Vend::CharSet::utf8_safe_regex_workaround called at
> /opt/interchange-utf8/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm line 1207.
>
> Which seems to be correct because the sub looks like it does not
> exist ...
> Or did I take the wrong branch to work on?

Yeah, I switched that up on people, ended up deleting the utf8 branch
and switching to development on master.  This tree also was imported
separately before we got the main interchange repo converted over to
git, so the sha1s for things do not match up between commits.  I have
been in the process of porting my patches over to a github clone of
the main interchange repo.  Please try:

http://github.com/machack666/interchange/tree/master

> As known the GDBM stuff does not work ... I also think that the utf8
> filter
> story on the GDBM data is not needed or needs to be checked. I have
> locale.txt  which is a text file which is having UTF8 encoded
> text ... if I
> create the GDBM file from it there are 2 times utf8 filter
> applies .. But if
> I understand correctly it will utf8 my utf8 and then utf8 that again
> on open
> ... So that does not seem like the right way to go ...
>
> But first I think the utf8_safe_regex_workaround question has to be
> looked
> at .. is it still needed or not?

At this point it should not be.

Regards,