[ic] Paypal module question

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Sep 4 21:01:47 UTC 2009

Quoting Lyn St George (lyn at zolotek.net):
> On Friday 04 September 2009 21:30:02 DB wrote:
> > "To have Paypal co-operate with your normal payment service provider, eg
> > Authorizenet, do the following:..."
> >
> > I'm having trouble understanding exactly what this "co-operation"
> > specifically involves. I guess I'll just have to try it and see what
> > happens.
>
> IC has always been designed to work with only one PSP, and this is normally
> declared in the MV_PAYMENT_MODE variable.

This is just not true. In fact, the reason that it is so easy to use
different payment providers is that I specifically designed payment
routes to allow many means of payment.

> To allow more than one PSP to work
> you need to make the alterations described in the documentation. It doesn't
> matter whether your normal PSP is Skipjack or anything else, as using the
> method described will let you run 3 or 4 payment providers if you want.

The "standard" demo is sort of constrained, but it is the work of moments
to add another payment route to allow a second payment processor.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Edison