[ic] strange database update behavior

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Sun Sep 13 14:22:17 UTC 2009

>>> Fails with what error message?
>>>

>>> Peter
>>

>> That's what's odd - as I said above I see no error in the IC logs, nor
>> is any error displayed on the page.
>
> What is the code that you're using to update the table?
>

> Peter

I'm using a form like this which runs from within a [query]... it always
works fine unless I try to update the table with an empty string.

============= BEGIN CODE ===============

[set mv_data_enable]1[/set]
[tag flag write]transactions[/tag]

<FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="[process]">
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
   <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_table"    VALUE="transactions">
   <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_key"      VALUE="order_number">
   <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_function" VALUE="update">
   <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_nextpage"      VALUE="order_updated">
   <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_fields" VALUE="notes">
<TEXTAREA NAME="notes">
[data table=transactions col=notes key=[loop-code]]
</TEXTAREA>
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Update & Unlock">
</FORM>

I'll check the mysql logs as Racke wisely advised as well.

DB