[ic] strange database update behavior

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Sep 13 20:03:48 UTC 2009

On 09/13/2009 07:22 AM, DB wrote:
> I'm using a form like this which runs from within a [query]... it always
> works fine unless I try to update the table with an empty string.
>
> ============= BEGIN CODE ===============
>
> [set mv_data_enable]1[/set]
> [tag flag write]transactions[/tag]
>
> <FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="[process]">
> <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
>    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_table"    VALUE="transactions">
>    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_key"      VALUE="order_number">
>    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_function" VALUE="update">
>    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_nextpage"      VALUE="order_updated">
>    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_fields" VALUE="notes">
You seem to be missing:
<input type="hidden" name="mv_todo" value="set">

The default todo action is actually "back" which is pretty much a "do
nothing" action, so it does need to be explicitly set.

> <TEXTAREA NAME="notes">
> [data table=transactions col=notes key=[loop-code]]

You mentioned the [query] tag above.  [query] has a default prefix of
"sql" so unless you have explicitly set prefix=loop in your [query] tag
then the above should be [sql-code], not [loop-code].  This is probably
causing the form to not show the current notes.

Additional Note: If you return the notes column as part of your [query]
then you can use [sql-param notes] above instead of the [data] tag which
will save you one or more db hits.  This is not the cause of your
problem, though.

> </TEXTAREA>
> <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Update & Unlock">

Another note:  This is not the cause of your problem but the above value
should probably be: "Update &amp; Unlock".

> </FORM>

> I'll check the mysql logs as Racke wisely advised as well.

Yes, good idea.

Peter