[ic] Opensuse 10.3 - Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0

Jon Edwards fornews at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:23:31 UTC 2010

Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:17:09 +0530
From: hakeemhere at gmail.com
To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
Subject: [ic] Opensuse 10.3 - Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0

hi,

I have installed opensuse 10.3 a few days back. I'm neither an expert nor very new to Linux. I'm facing problem with installing rpm packages. Error message: "error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". By Googling,  I found that it can be solved by installing xz-utils from the following source https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=596149. In doing so, I'm getting another error, which reads "bash: make: command not found". This is troubling me a lot. Kindly help me solve this issue.
Earlier, I was getting similar error for libselinux.so.1. I got it fixed by copying a copy of it from internet to /lib. I'm not sure, whether or not that's the correct procedure.

Even yast is not working (screenshot attached). zypper is not nstalled. Commands like rpm, rpm2cpio, yast not working.

Kindly help asap.

Regards,
AbdulHakeem.

I don't have any experince with OpenSuSE, but a decent amount with SLES.  I'm thinking they're the same.
Use yast2 to install the C/C++ Compiler and Tools.
Under Software use Installation Source to set up access to the installatoin source. I usually give access to the ISO.
Then use Software Management to instll the compiler, etc.
Set the Filter to Patterns, select the C/C++ Compiler and Tool and then Accept.
You may have to use the Search Filter to find and install anything else you may not have already installed.

Jon