[ic] Opensuse 10.3 - Error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0

AbdulHakeem Muhammad hakeemhere at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:47:09 UTC 2010

hi,

I have installed opensuse 10.3 a few days back. I'm neither an expert nor
very new to Linux. I'm facing problem with installing rpm packages. Error
message: "*error while loading shared libraries: liblzma.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory*". By Googling,  I found that
it can be solved by installing xz-utils from the following source
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=596149. In doing so, I'm getting
another error, which reads "*bash: make: command not found*". This is
troubling me a lot. Kindly help me solve this issue.
Earlier, I was getting similar error for libselinux.so.1. I got it fixed by
copying a copy of it from internet to /lib. I'm not sure, whether or not
that's the correct procedure.

Even yast is not working (screenshot attached). zypper is not nstalled.
Commands like rpm, rpm2cpio, yast not working.

Kindly help asap.

Regards,
AbdulHakeem.