[ic] Problems: long winded explanation, and request for help.

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Wed Dec 1 23:30:51 UTC 2010

> On 12/1/2010 1:30 PM, DB wrote:
>>> Problem 2: (unheard of until approx 3 months ago, now a 2 or 3 times a
>>> week complaint):  FireFox (version 3.6.x, possibly older ones too),
>>> users click "Add to Cart", and it does the same as Internet Explorer,
>>> EXCEPT, at the end of a very long wait, it gives the "The page is not
>>> redirecting properly" error.
>> This "The page is not redirecting properly" message could indicate a
>> redirect loop. Are you rewriting URLs?
>
>     No, no mod_rewrite going on.   I think IC does some
> redirecting/redirection as part of the deal, but I'm not 100% sure what
> that is, or where to find it.   This site processes hundreds of orders
> per day without issue, so whatever it is, it works right 90%+ of the
> time.

Given the "hanging" behavior followed by that browser error message, I
think it's certain you have a looping issue somewhere. If not in Apache,
then maybe a DNS forwarding issue - or maybe something misconfigured in
IC itself such as your secure URLs. Tracking it down may take some time.

I've seen identical behavior. In my case, I had my DNS service
forwarding domain.com to www.domain.com, but I had a direct link to a
"http://domain.com/..." url on one of my IC pages which lived on
www.domain.com. I got long hangs followed by that browser error.

Look for some type of pattern in the situations where the issue occurs.

DB