[ic] ic msaccess and dbmaker

marco m.mescoli at omnib.it
Wed Jul 21 15:57:59 UTC 2010

--- msaccess -------------------------------------------------
Find a good solution:
Install
- Unixodbc
- libdbd-odbc-perl

get share mounted on /mnt/msaccess/
In /etc/odbc.ini create dsn like that:

[vehicledb]
Description = log gps
Driver = /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so
Database = /mnt/msaccess/vehicledb.mdb

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use DBI;
my $vehicledb = DBI->connect('DBI:ODBC:vehicledb','','');
my $sql="
   SELECT
     GPSDateTime,
     DeviceID,
     Latitude,
     Lat_Sign,
     Longitude,
     Lon_Sign
   FROM Log
";
my $query = $vehicledb->prepare($sql);
$query->execute() || die "Could not execute SQL statement";
while (my @row = $query->fetchrow_array()){
   my $str='';
   for( my $n=0; $n<=5; $n++){
     $str.=sprintf("%20s",$row[$n]);
   }
   print $str . "\n";
}

--- dbmaker -----------------------------------------------------
Without any simple and free solution.
My mistake, the connection isn't to dbmaker that have only a partial and
periodic copy of the database, the real connection must be to Acucorp’s
Vision file system (acuodbc, 'zucchetti gestionale2' on windows) who
prospect me about 5.000 euros of sw without install for an odbc bridge
from linux client to a windows server.
The better solution maybe an msaccess database gateway running on the
windows server with acuodbc and mysql odbc. The database gateway will
fired on a mysql table/record/field act as semaphore flag.

--
Marco "Fino alla bara sinpara"
Marco "Up to demise we rise"