[ic] Metadata upgrade

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Jun 7 19:49:55 UTC 2010

On 08/06/10 01:33, Robert McNicol wrote:
> The problem i am know having is that there has been a metadata merge on
> the system and now all the pricing details of the products do not match
> the customers. for example a an item has 5 different pricing levels,
> price_a... price_b... price_c etc..... prior to the upgrade a customer
> had the same levels accessable is on price level 2 called price_b,
> however since the update the pricing has change it to dealer/retail and
> now does not link up to any of the products.

Basically what has happened is you've allowed the merge to replace all
the custom metadata in the catalog causing any number of problems.
That's not the first time I've seen it happen, I had a client decide to
do it because they saw a nice big message in the Admin UI and it screwed
up their catalog as well.  Basically put, when you run the metadata
merge you're supposed to know what metadata you've modified yourself and
avoid merging it.

> If you can tell me how to either reverse the metadata merge or give me
> an idea on how to get them linked up again i would be very grateful.

Find a backup copy of catroot/products/mv_metadata.gdbm from right
before you ran the merge and replace the file, then delete
mv_metadata.asc and restart Interchange, or you can do it the other way
around (replace the .asc file and delete the .gdbm one then restart).

Peter