[ic] Advice on learning Interchange?

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Wed Mar 17 17:33:13 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 March 2010 09:53:12 am Greg Hanson wrote:
[snip]
> > Before giving up and moving on, I wanted to ask if there are any people
> > on this list who managed to learn how to use Interchange on their own,
> > and if so, how did you go about it?

I've been using Interchange for about 8 years now and I LOVE it.   I'm a
weekend Perl hacker (at best) and honestly, Interchange was a real challenge
to learn.  And I still think I understand interchange about 50% of what's
there.

I learned Interchange by just installing and trying to figure out one new thing
a day.  I had the luxury of not having a drop dead "go live" date, if I did,
yes, the learning curve would not have been as enjoyable.

The documentation may look sparse at first but there is a surprising amount of
good info in there.  (I think I have read the shipping docs over 100 times).
Realizing that the docs where written by the gurus who do the heavy lifting,
I'm exceedingly grateful to have any docs to read rather than just source
code.

Overall if I had to do it again I would still choose Interchange.  It's a nice
package.

--
Marty Tennison                     DripDepot.com
email: marty at dripdepot.com
web: www.dripdepot.com
phone: (541) 201-3991 x102
fax: (866) 686-6719