[ic] Payment Gateways

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 17:24:19 UTC 2010

> After calling all of the Gateway companies listed at
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/payments.html, that I could get a
> hold of in one day.
>
> I have found iTransact to be the most economical, friendly and accessible
> via phone.
>
> Anybody using iTransact?
>
> Any advice regarding iTransact?
>
> Any advice to the contrary?
>
> History:
> I have been using MCVE, now Monetra software on my server, and because of
> this PCI Compliance is a Level D Questionnaire which is way too much work
> and is un-realistic for me to implement. Gaterway's change the Compliance to
> a Level A Questionnaire which is more realistic.
>
> Ron Colcernian

Hello Ron,

I recently did a lot of research on this and Braintree came up as the
clear winner.  They seem to be a different type of processor and
there's a very positive buzz happening about them.  Their gateway
works in a different way so PCI Compliance is a breeze:

http://www.braintreepaymentsolutions.com/services/pci-compliance

The only problem is they don't have a perl API.  I contacted them
about this and they are very interested in putting one together.  I'm
actually the one holding up progress.  My new store wasn't ready yet
so I haven't been able to submit my application, but it will be
submitted this coming week and my account will hopefully be used as
the testing sandbox for a perl API.

- Grant