[ic] IC Jobs & time-build

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Feb 2 21:32:50 UTC 2011

> From: sbatschelet at mac.com
> I am looking to generate a bunch of static search result pages using time-build. But I want [time-build force=1 file=pages/mypage.html ] to be initiated using IC Jobs via Cron. Anything wrong with this idea? Input is appreciated.

I suppose if visitors are not using cookies, that they could loose their session, because the generated pages won't have the session in the links (if any) on the page.

Although, I bet you could create a results page that used a <form>, then [included] your static results into it, with thoughtfully creafted form elements.... maybe? This way, all the intesive work (query executions?) are already done - assuming that is what you are trying to avoid.

Paul