[ic] Variable in shipping display name

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Feb 15 19:17:25 UTC 2011

Quoting IC (ic at tvcables.co.uk):
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there anyway to display a variable in the shipping description using an
> either/or in shipping.asc? I've tried this but it just prints the tags as
> the shipping description. I want the shipping to read either "2-3 days" or
> whatever I have set "shipmessage" to:-
>
> ups_ground:   UPS Ground [either]2-3 days[or][var shipmessage][/either]
>
>         criteria        weight
>         min             1
>         max             10
>         cost            e Can not ship item by UPS Ground.

Sure. Just do a reparse via the interpolate attribute:

    [shipping-desc mode=ups_ground interpolate=1]

You probably wouldn't be able to use [shipping widget=...] with that,
though. You'd have to construct your own, which is not too hard.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer