[ic] Problems during tutorial: Please specify the VendURL directive in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

sanne sanne at e-cube.nl
Wed Jun 8 12:45:34 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm setting up a test server with interchange my company so we can
evaluate it if suited for our shops.

After doing the "Tutorial" tutorial on the interchange website
(http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/iccattut.html) on unbuntu 10.04
I ran into a problem when I tried to restart the interchange service
(/etc/init.d/interchange restart):

Restarting Interchange Server: interchange.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI...
...UI is loaded...
Interchange V5.7.4
Running with old signals.
Configuring catalog standard...standard config error: Please specify the
VendURL directive in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

standard: error in configuration. Skipping.
standard: config error. Skipping.
Configuring catalog tutorial...tutorial config error: Please specify the
VendURL directive in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'

tutorial: error in configuration. Skipping.
tutorial: config error. Skipping.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 2145)

The same problem also occured when I tried the tutorial with a clean
installation of interchange on debian 6.

kind regards,

Sanne