[ic] Jobs are slowing IC

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 18 03:11:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Grant wrote:

> The number of IC jobs I need to run daily have increased to the point
> that they're running almost all day every day.  This seems to be slowing
> down the web server aspect of IC which is not good.  I currently have a
> quad-core 2.1Ghz CPU and 4GB of memory and a fast HD. Would you set up
> another box strictly for IC jobs, or pump up the hardware, or something
> else?  I've optimized the jobs themselves about as well as I can,
> although I suppose there is always more to be done there.

That question is really difficult to answer in the abstract. It makes a
big difference what those jobs are doing. Are they database-intensive? Or
using up CPU time in Interchange? Why is it interfering with your normal
ecommerce operations? Do the jobs always run independently of each other
or do they sometimes overlap? Are they literally Interchange "Jobs"? Or
just cron jobs that hit an Interchange-served URL?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation