[ic] Admin Page Load Times Really Slow

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Wed Mar 23 21:00:04 UTC 2011

>> That worked and has improved things a bit, but it is still slow from
>> hitting
>> the update order button on the order_status page to returning to the
order
>> select screen, what sort of time would you expect to wait from hitting
>> update order to being returned to the order select screen?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy.
>

> Andy, for reference,  I have about 57000 records in our database and the
is
> probably 10 secs.

You could try to see if it is actually the query that is slow, but I suspect
that when returning to the order select screen this performs some ITL which
causes the loadtime to increase with every 10-20k records added ...

As Mike suggested/mentioned in a previous message, when the numbers become
this big he has been customising the admin to not work as 'out of the box',
by reducing the processing time of the order select screen for example.

You probably know that there are possibilities to 'overrule' an admin page
by placing it in your pages/admin directory having the same name as the page
buried in the Interchange lib/ directory.

CU,

Gert